Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2012

from Holidays and a thief who listened to Gods voice

It's already again few weeks ago when some friends came to visit me. We had a great time together. They first came in the pleasure to stay some days with me in my african family, eating Nshima, Elephant (it was also my first time to eat it), showering out of a bucket,.... A real African holiday. We also went some days for camping to Mutinondo Wilderniss. Swimming in waterfalls, canoing on nice water while monkeys were climbing above us in the trees, hiking, horseriding in the bush, and much more.
Here just a small impression. Thanks Angelika and Corinna for the nice time.

But one special incident  I don't want to conceal from you.
It's the story which we could call. The thief  who listened to God's voice.

Its a story about a stolen Laptop, a laptop which should go to my hostfamily. Somebody in Germany had given her used, old Laptop (but still in very good condition) as a donation to my visitors, that they could bring it to this women I live with. She was looking forward to have her first own computer in life.
When I picked up  my visitors from the busstation, one of their first words after falling us in the arms and welcoming us, was " the Laptop got stolen in the hostel, where we stayed". First when you hear such words you think "its just a joke, or?" But it wasn't! Of course It was a little naive of my friend to leave the notbook in her bag when she went to buy something to eat, I thought, but now it was like it was. What could we do?
To cut the whole story short. It was not easy to tell my house mother what happened, because I knew how she was looking forward to get it. We decided to sit down and pray for this disaster. I prayed that may the Lord will touch the heart of the thief to bring this Laptop back to the hostel. You have to know the hostel is in Lusaka which makes a distance from about 700km. You can not just drive there to discuss with the personal. Even the phone number was not to find.
After on week my visitors went farther. And I asked them to stop by the same hostel to look for the Laptop when they would reach Lusaka. My host, she wanted to stop my visitors to do so, because she didn't believe it will be there. As an African Lady she knows how things go here, and in this country are many thiefs! I even don't know if I really did believe that they find anything.
But the end of the story is, early in the morning, the next day, I got this textmessage:
Hey Isi, its a miracle, the Laptop is here. God is great!

1 Kommentar:

Sarah hat gesagt…

Liebe Izzy,
wie durch ein Wunder läuft heute endlich mal wieder mein sicheres Internet und ich kann deinen Blog lesen.
Voll klasse, dass du Besuch hattest und am Schluß der Laptop dann doch wieder da war.
Für mich gehts morgen nach Deutschland für einen 5-wöchigen Urlaub...ich kanns noch gar nicht glauben.
Ich grüß und drück dich ganz herzlich. Er mit dir! Sarah